Thursday, May 3, 2018

Carpe Diem #1425 El Río Hablador (The Talking River)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First I have an announcement to make. During circumstances I will not publish new episodes next week. There are some things occurring right now that need my attention. As you all maybe have read my mother is hospitalised again and I think you all will understand that she needs my attention and my time. What does this mean? Well ... next week I will give you short episodes, sometimes only the prompt. I know that's not your experience here at CDHK. I always try to create episodes to inspire you and that's what I love to do, but right now I haven't the energy to create the episodes as you know them.

Today I have chosen another nice prompt and I hope it will inspire you. We are on a journey through the Andean Mountains and I hope you like this journey. Our prompt for today is "El Rio Hablador" (The Talking River) and it's a nickname for the Rimac River.

Rimac River (nicknamed: "The Talking River")
The Rímac River is located in western Peru and is the most important source of potable water for the Lima and Callao Metropolitan Area. The river is part of the Pacific watershed and has a length of 160 km. The river begins in the highlands of the Huarochirí Province in the Lima Region and its mouth is located in Callao, near Jorge Chávez International Airport.

The name Rímac is from the Quechua word rimaq, meaning "speaker, speaking", leading to it being nicknamed El Río Hablador ("the talking river").

What a wonderful nickname this river has ... The Talking River ... Isn't that what we can say too the babbling brook ... Maybe you can remember us reading "Siddhartha" and in that story we read that Siddhartha listened to the river and became enlightened. Will "The Talking River" give the citizens of Lima that same feeling?

high in the mountains
crystal clear water gives birth to a river -
I light a candle

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 10th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new weekend-meditation later on.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Kristjaan,

    I am so sorry to read about your mother's poor health and your worries about her. I can understand your concern so well, having watched the sad decline of my own mother. I hope from the bottom of my heart that she recovers soon and you, your mother and all your family spend more wonderful years together.

    I am sure I speak for everyone when I say don't worry about brief prompts. We'll be writing our best Japanese poetry for you no matter what.

    All the very best wishes,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to echo Kim’s very thoughtful letter. Caring for a sick mother is a difficult passage that I have been through as well. I appreciate your prompts whether long or brief. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Kristjaan mate, I wish you all the best in dealing with these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your mom is back in the hospital. I hope she gets better soon

    ReplyDelete