Saturday, August 27, 2016

Carpe Diem #1037 pleasure


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Earlier this month I had a beautiful quote by Lord Byron (1788-1824) and today I love to share another beautiful quote by him. As you maybe have noticed all the last few episode used quotes on nature by very different people, so today's quote is also about nature. I think this quote is in short how we, haiku poets, experience nature. Not man is important, but nature around us is, because we are all part of nature and we have to be careful with nature. I think that's what made me a haiku poet, because I am a steward, a keeper of nature ...

nature
And here is the quote by Lord Byron to inspire you:


[...] "There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more." [...] Lord Byron

Well ... did I say to much? A beautiful quote that fits us, haiku poets, like a glove. Here is my response:

wandering through the woods
no paved paths to walk on
bare footed I feel 

© Chèvrefeuille

Awesome ... I love to go bare footed, I love to feel the earth beneath my feet it makes me feel alive and one with nature. Completely naked I would run through these pathless woods, completely naked I would run along the shore ... listening to the thundering surf, the cry of seagulls ... one with nature ... feel it ... we are part of nature.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 1st at noon (CET). Have fun!

Visit also: A Tribute To Jane Reichhold, our new Tumblr.


1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1037 Pleasure:

    morning walk
    in the wild meadow
    the pleasant company of birds

    ReplyDelete