Friday, April 29, 2016

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge restarted. (starting with number 100) "magnolia blossoms" by Soseki Natsume

 
 
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
 
As I promised in an earlier post I will 'restart' the Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge in which the goal is to complete a Tan Renga by writing the 2nd stanza of two lines (7-7 syllables approx.) to a given haiku. Tan Renga is a short chained renga written by two (2) haiku poets and looks similar to tanka.
In an earlier post I gave a short explanation and an Example of a Tan Renga (that post you can find HERE).
 
In this 'restarting' episode I have chosen a haiku written by Soseki Natsume which I used in our last CD Theme Week 'Magnolia Blossoms, haiku by Soseki Natsume'.
 
Here is the first (3-lined) stanza of the Tan Renga you have to complete:
 
the sky I see
seems full of
magnolia blossoms
© Soseki Natsume 
Cherry Blossoms and Magnolia Blossoms (Woodblock by Hoitsu)

I think you will remember this haiku by Soseki Natsume and I love to challenge you to create the second stanza of this Tan Renga by associating on the scene in the haiku by Soseki Natsume.
Here is my attempt to complete this Tan Renga:
 
the sky I see
seems full of
magnolia blossoms                
© Soseki Natsume
colorful clouds of fantasy
a new day rises
                         © Chèvrefeuille
 
Not as strong as I had hoped. I am looking forward to your completions of this Tan Renga Challenge. This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 6th at noon (CET). Have fun!    
 

1 comment: