Saturday, February 14, 2015

Carpe Diem Extra 2015-9 On The Trail With Basho

Credits: Basho's Trail (photo © Michael Yamashita)

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to make an announcement. In May 2015 I love to honor "my haiku-master" Matsuo Basho (1644-1694). All our daily prompts will have to do with Matsuo Basho and I will try to "revisit" (and maybe "revise") haiku composed by him and I will try to tell you all more about him and his influence on our beloved haiku. In May 2015 we will follow him on his journey into the deep north in our CD-specials. 

All the haiku which I will use will be haiku translated by Jane Reichhold ... to honor her too. I think she has meant a lot for the acceptation and appreciation of haiku worldwide as poetry. In May 2015 I will invite you all to submit haiku in the spirit of Matsuo Basho for our first Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Kukai. I will explain 'kukai' later on this month.

I am looking forward to this Basho-month and I hope you all will be thrilled too for this Basho-month and the upcoming first 'kukai' of our Haiku Kai.

moonless night...
a powerful wind embraces
the ancient cedars

© Matsuo Basho


Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host.

Chèvrefeuille, your host

6 comments:

  1. Looks really special! And great ebook hidden up there in the right corner Chevrefeuille!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it's going to be very very special ... a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intent to make it great month Georgia. By the way, did you noticed that I created a Tanka weblog? I have used a Tanka composed by for the first post.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to learning a lot more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete