Friday, November 7, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #57, Georgia's "Early Morning"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies ... another week has gone and I am in lack of time this week. As I wrote in our yesterday's post I haven't time to write a new "Little Creatures" episode, and it's sad but true, this week there will be no "Little Creatures" episode and there will also be no "Sparkling Stars"-episode, sorry ... but I haven't enough time. Forgive me.

For this week's Tan Renga Challenge I have for you a wonderful haiku written by Georgia of Bastet and Sekhmet's Library in response on our "OM"-prompt at Haiku Shuukan (our weekly haiku-meme). It's really a gorgeous haiku and I think it will be a great first stanza for our Tan Renga.

early morning
silence before the rising sun
raindrops on a branch

© Georgia

Credits: Raindrops on a branch (photo © John Morgan)
As you all (maybe) know the goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to write a second stanza of two lines following the classical rules of 7-7 syllables, but that's not an obligation, you also may use more or less syllables per line, but that second stanza has to be two lines. As you write that second stanza, it will look like a Tanka, but there is a little difference. Tanka is done by One poet and Tan Renga by Two poets, it's a short chained poem, say the little brother (or sister) of the Renga (chained poem).

Here is my attempt to put a second stanza towards this haiku (or hokku = starting verse) by Georgia:

early morning
silence before the rising sun
raindrops on a branch          
(Georgia)

on the deserted beach
I greet the sun with joy             (Chèvrefeuille)

As I read the haiku by Georgia, and saw that fragile scene in front of my mind, I thought immediately at the "Sun-Salutation" of Yoga, so that brought me the second stanza.

Ans now it's up to you to complete or continue the Tan Renga started by Georgia. This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday November 14th at noon (CET). Have fun!


3 comments:

  1. What a marvelous concluding line ... the description of your sensations as you read the haiku is so very beautiful. I'm deeply honored. Thank you for your inspirational Haiku Shuukan prompt on OM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy times - take it easy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pirate for your concerns. I will take it easy ... as I can.

      Delete