Friday, August 29, 2014

Carpe Diem #549, Dreams


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We all have dreams, our prompt for today. Once I had a dream to become an Oncology-nurse as I am now. Once I had a dream to write and publish a novel. Well ... I did. I wrote two novels and the first novel I wrote is now being translated in to English and will be set on the market in the USA. Once I had a dream to become wellknown with my poetry, my passion, haiku and that also became true. In 2012 I started this daily haiku-meme and it's still there and I think Carpe Diem Haiku Kai has become a great opportunity for haiku-poets around the globe to write and share their haiku with the world.
You also will have dreams. Tell us something about it in your post for today's prompt. Do you have dreams which haven't come true? I have another dream. I hope to be your host at Carpe Diem for a long time, at least for the next three years so that I can celebrate our first lustrum in October 2017 .... we will see if Carpe Diem will become five years ...

Khalil Gibran had for sure dreams too, did he fullfill his dreams ... I don't know, but I think he did. In his "Sand and Foam" we can read several 'verses' about dreams and I love to share a few of them here for your inspiration.

[...] "How can I lose faith in the justice of life, when the dreams of those who sleep upon feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep upon the earth?" [...]

[...] "The flowers of spring are winter’s dreams related at the breakfast table of the angels". [...]

[...] "I would not be the least among men with dreams and the desire to fulfill them, rather than the greatest with no dreams and no desires".[...]

Sakura in full bloom
Wonderful 'verses', that second is one of my favorites and I think close to our beloved haiku. Isn't it wonderful to have dreams? And isn't it wonderful to see them become true?

breakfast with angels
as spring is starting after the cold -
flowering trees

© Chèvrefeuille

Wouldn't that be awesome? To have breakfast with angels while we look down on Earth seeing how nature is starting to become green again and see the flowers bloom in all colors? Imagine it ...

after the dark winter
cherry trees are blooming again
Ah! what a joy!

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope this post inspires you to write new haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 1st at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, the last of this wonderful month, beggar, later on. By the way I have published our new prompt-list for September you can find it HERE. For now ... have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Love these little quotes.. together with haiku they make up little haibun.. It's hard to think about spring already.. there's a whole winter ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete