Friday, April 11, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #30, "daffodils open" by Jules Paige


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone, we had a gorgeous week with our Ghost-Writers and now it's time for a new Tan Renga Challenge. By the way I am a bit behind with commenting on all of your wonderful poems, but I will catch up asap.
This week's Tan Renga is started with a haiku written by Jules of  Jules gems and stuff. I think her haiku is a beauty and will be an inspiration for you all to complete this Tan Renga.
The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to complete the Tan Renga with a second stanza of two lines (7-7). You may use the classical count 7-7, but that's no obligation.

Here is the first stanza of this week's Tan Renga, the goal is to write a completion or continuation:


daffodils open
after two days of spring rain  
yellow from heaven

(c) Jules

Daffodils
And here is my completion:

daffodils open
after two days of spring rain
yellow from heaven
(J)

reaching for the blue sky
in praise of their Creator
(Ch.)

A nice one I think, but well ... that's not up to me to say. Have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with our haiku-family.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 18th 11.59 AM (CET).


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honor of using my haiku for this tan renga challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a member of Tumblr, but I would like to thank Managua for his lovely addition to my haiku. - Thank you.

    ReplyDelete