Thursday, August 8, 2013

Carpe Diem #267, Ancient Voices



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Sorry that I had yesterday a different prompt then in the list, but I couldn't use 'Siddhartha' for prompt because of the fact that the track wasn't by Karunesh. Karunesh has granted me permission to share his music, but 'till yesterday-evening I hadn't permission to use the music of Guy Sweens. But ... I have news ... I am given permission to use Guy Sweens' 'Siddhartha's Journey', so I will publish later on this week a Carpe Diem Extra episode about 'Siddhartha's Journey' by Guy Sweens.
I read by the way a few haiku with Siddhartha as theme and I am glad that they were shared unless that I couldn't use that prompt.

OK ... back to today's theme Ancient Voices ... ancient voices are voices from the past and I think it's about classic scriptures like e.g. The Kaballah or The Mahabaratha. Voices from the past that are still alive in religions and spiritual movements. I love e.g. the Emerald Tablets written by Thoth ... that's a wonderful classic scripture which I have read several times and every time I read it I discovered new layers. It feels like a living scripture and I enjoy reading that kind of literature. (This music video is made by Dome1966)




Listen to the music and let the Ancient Voices talk to you. Lean back and enjoy ... go with the flow, become inspired and share your haiku with Carpe Diem.


resonating past
while meditating and contemplating
ancient voices speak

ancient voices speak
touching me deep in my soul
resonating past


This prompt will stay on 'till August 10th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, a Special haiku by Kikaku, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). I haven't selected yet a haiku by Kikaku, so let it be a surprise. !! Ancient Voices is now open for submissions !!




3 comments:

  1. Watching video from phone via YouTube app. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive and wonderful video music ~ and very 'enlightened' haiku ~ thanks ~ happy weekend, carol, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the music for the prompt...
    sorry to have missed a couple...
    couldn't get out of my own way...
    am back and up and running again.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete