Saturday, July 13, 2013

Carpe Diem Freestyle #2


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another episode of Carpe Diem's Freestyle. Feel free to share your haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka, sedoka and all other forms of Japanese poetry here. No prompt ... just freedom to share your haiku or other Japanese kind of poetry here. So another way to share your inspiration.

My freestyling verse this time is a Pi-ku, which I once have written:






The Thinker
alone
no more thoughts


A Pi-ku is in a way somewhat artificial haiku and it follows the number 'PI' which is 3,14. The syllables count for a Pi-ku is:

first line: three syllables
second line: one syllable
third line: four syllables

I learned about this poetry-form last year February and I thought "this is a challenge".


This Carpe Diem's Freestule episode will be open 'till July 20th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next 'freestyle' episode later on that day.
Have fun, share your freestyling with us. Freestyle can be all other forms of Japanese poetry (including haiku of course).



2 comments:

  1. I love your Pi-ku - sounds like a fun form. I wonder if it can be expanded to more decimals of pi :-) I went wild today and crossed over to Korea.. hope it doesn't matter too much.

    ReplyDelete