Thursday, May 16, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #37, Kyoshi Takahama's 'the night of Spring'



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

No Tarot today, but a new Special haiku written by Kyoshi Takahama, our haiku-master of May. Kyoshi isn't a well known haiku poet, but he has written wonderful haiku. This month I introduced him to you and shared a few haiku already.

Todays haiku by Kyoshi is written at the end of Spring and in this haiku he said that very nice and calls it 'the night of Spring'. I think that's a wonderful imagery for the departure of Spring. Well ... let us look at that Special haiku:


haru no yo ya tsukue no ue no hiji-makura

the night of Spring -
an elbow-pillow
on the desk




Makura (elbow-pillow)

Isn't this a nice haiku? I hope it will inspire you to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and Spirit as the one by Kyoshi. Have fun, be inspired and share.


This haiku by Kyoshi inspired me to write:

last moon of Spring
leaning on the windowsill

watching her beauty



This prompt will stay on 'til May 18th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, our next Tarot-card, The Hanged Man (XII), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).







8 comments:

  1. Your haiku is a true gem, Kristjaan. To be honest, it "speaks" to me more than the one written by Kyoshi Takahama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ese for this compliment. I am honored through your words and it makes me blush.

      Delete
    2. i agree..it comes across beautifully & crystal clear :)

      Delete
  2. Love your haiku today.. I so enjoy these specials. I think that idea, that intimidated me at first now just encourage me.. Thank you for all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful haiku. Leaves me wondering if you're watching the moon's beauty or someone else entirely. I like the ambiguity. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great choice for the Special episode and the deliberate ambiguity you poured in your own haiku... excellent work, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Haiku Kristjaan...bravo :)
    I loved this prompt but for some reason it took me somewhere else and I just had to accept that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah A lovely episode and I love your take on the Master's example.
    Thank you.
    Peace,
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete