Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Carpe Diem #1289 Symphony no 11 (The Winter)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode along memory lane. Last December 2016 we had a wonderful month with all kinds of music. This month we have also music and I think during our five years we have had wonderful inspirational music to create haiku and tanka with. So I thought in this festive month we have to have music also. So back in 2016 I provided you with music by Joachim Raff, the best composer of the romantic era. His Symphony no. 11 was gorgeous, but I love to share another wonderful symphony composed by him.

Today I love to inspire you with the music of his 7th symphony "in the alps". Enjoy the music.



Isn't it a wonderful symphony? This video I found on You Tube Channel Unsung Masterworks. It inspired me to the following haiku:

veil of clouds breaks open
sun rays finding their way to the mountains
like blessing hands

© Chèvrefeuille

I think this haiku gives a wonderful image of this music. It also celebrates the beauty of nature, our source of inspiration.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 1st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, spiritual ways, later on. Have fun! Enjoy the music and be inspired.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku and music (enjoyed the sweeping breadth of it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful haiku, and congrats on five wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete