- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Carpe Diem's Tanka Kukai One "winter love"
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
First this ... I hope to open the judging for our "autumn" - kukai later today. I am looking forward to the results and the selection you will made through your votes, but that's for later today.
Welcome at a new feature here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. In November all our prompts had to do with tanka and the Ten Tanka Writing Techniques by Teika ... so I think we have improved our tanka writing skills ...
Today I love to challenge you to write tanka on the theme "Winter Love" and share it through the linking widget as we do always here. You have one week to respond. Than after that week I love to ask you to point out one participant of whom you think he / she has written the best tanka. You have to email me the number of the link of whom you think is the best tanka.
You can email your choice, just one participant, to our email address: email@example.com Please write "tanka kukai winter love" in the subject line and tell me which linked poet you find best. For that voting you have only three days. I will keep you posted of course.
The winner of this tanka kukai will be featured in a new feature here at Carpe Diem which I have titled "Tanka Splendor".
I am looking forward to your tanka themed "winter love".
You can link your tanka until December 15th 10.00 PM (CET).