Saturday, December 10, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #222 Candy's 2nd "morning walk" (tanka)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to bring our second CD-Special for you today. As you all know the winner of our kukai wins the opportunity to create an e-book and wins the privilege to be featured haiku poet at CDHK. This month Candy of rhymeswithbug.com is our featured haiku poetess.
I introduced her to you in our first CD Special this month and now I hope to inspire you with another nice set of poetry by her.

For this CD-Special I have three tanka to inspire you. As far as I could find and know, these are the only tanka Candy has written. So I hope to inspire you with these tanka.

frozen water on
the pond children skate around
in circles, cold hands
warmed by a glowing bonfire
wind and earth rejoice

Credits: Morning Walk

morning walk
summer sun beats down
on her head
breeze plays with golden tresses
covered by her silken scarf


two ruby red lips
parted in a flirty smile
tease the tired farmer
shapely form comes after dark
courtesan of midnight dreams

© Candy

Three wonderful tanka by a very gifted poet, these tanka are really well written and maybe ... these will inspire you to create your own tanka or haiku.

the day has gone
the night belongs to them -
red light district


© Chèvrefeuille

I couldn't come up with a new haiku or tanka, so I ran through my archives, search courtesan, and ran into this one.

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 15th at noon (CET). Have fun!


4 comments: