Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Carpe Diem Seven Days Before Christmas 2016 #5 candles


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are counting down to Christmas and today I love to inspire you with another nice prompt, not specific for Christmas, but we see these often around and with Christmas ... candles. Candles are the symbol for light and in this time of year it stands for the return of the Light to the world. The Light of our Creator, His Son, Jesus Christ was born in a stable. With His birth the light returned to the world, the promise and hope for a better future ... that is still the idea and the thought behind Christmas.

Candles ... I love them, they make the room special, full of love and romance. Candles are the most important thing in a life full of love, because candles bring romance and sensuality to us. Candles ... light that we can share with everyone around us ... candles ... I can't imagine a Christmas without candles.

candles
Inspired on a well known haiku by Buson I wrote the following:

lighting one candle
with another candle -
Christmas Eve


© Chèvrefeuille

And here is another one, found in my archives:

reflections
the light of the candle
on her face


© Chèvrefeuille
Image found on Pinterest
And I love to share a tanka here with you which I re-created from a set of haiku which I wrote several years ago:

house altar
photo's of loved ones
I light a candle
in front of my brother's photo -
the scent of Old Spice


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode of Seven Days Before Christmas is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 26th at noon (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Kristjaan, Merry Christmas and A Bright And Prosperous New Year

    I hope its okay, I linked my post of Sunday gone, to today's prompt so your button does not appear on my post

    much love...

    ReplyDelete