Monday, December 19, 2016

Carpe Diem Seven Days Before Christmas 2016 #3 Christmas Carols


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are counting down to Christmas and today I love to inspire you with Christmas Carols. I love those songs, but I also love that movie "A Christmas Carol", about Mr. Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas past, Christmas present and Christmas future. It's every year again a joy to watch this movie. Of course I love the real classic and not the modern versions of this story.

What does this movie tell us? That we have to be good people and live out of unconditional love, but I love to change that interpretation a little bit, because I think CDHK is an awesome family of haiku and tanka poets, we were this in the past, in the present and I hope to have that same strong feeling of a warmhearted family in our future. As I started Carpe Diem Haiku Kai back in 2012 I couldn't have dreamed that more than four years later Carpe Diem Haiku Kai still exists. I am grateful for that ans I am proud, but also humble, that I can and may be your host here. Thank You all for that.

Christmas Carols ... what can I say ... I love them and I love to share a classic here to inspire you.


Silent Night ... I mentioned it yesterday, but this is one of my favorite Christmas Carols. And this choir performs it with an elegance and fragility ... it really gives me that feeling of a Silent Night. A night to be alone with your thoughts, maybe one candle and of course pencil and paper ... such a Silent Night can be a great source of inspiration.

wandering over the fair
in touch with the Christmas thought  -
Silent Night

© Chèvrefeuille

What is your favorite Christmas Carol?

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 24th at noon (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku or tanka.


1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Seven Days #3 Christmas Carols:

    country church
    across the vale
    Joy To The World echoing

    ReplyDelete