Friday, November 4, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #5 low sunlight


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to present a new episode in our Tanka Splendor month. I have alrady read beautiful tanka, but I am still a bit behind with commenting on all of your beautiful poems.
Yesterday I presented our second Tanka Writing Technique by Teika. So let us take a look at the two tanka writing techniques we have already seen here:

Mystery and Depth 
Appropriate Statement

By clicking on the above links you can read the episode again, because in this 5th episode I love to challenge you to create a tanka with the prompt low sunlight in this time of year (autumn) the low sunlight can be very dangerous in traffic for example, but low sunlight can also be interpreted as last sunlight of the day as the sun down is almost over. Low sunlight can give nice and beautiful mysterious scenes, and low sunlight can also be interpreted (with a little twist) as a moment of pleasure or romance.

© photo

Remember tanka was meant for love poems once, of course tanka without that are also tanka in my opinion, but maybe we have to try to stay close to the purpose of tanka ... being a love poem for a secret lover.

Here is my attempt to create a tanka:

the last sunbeams
illuminate the forest path
were I once walked
with the love of my life
loneliness hurts like hell


© Chèvrefeuille

In this tanka I have tried to use both techniques we have learned already and I think I am on the right path to make my tanka stronger and more beautiful.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 9th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, chestnuts, later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment