Monday, November 28, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #29 autumn's voice


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the penultimate episode of our Tanka Splendor month. It was really a joy to create this special Tanka month and I am so glad that I dare to do it, because (as you all know) I am not a great tanka-poet. Haiku is more my "cup of tea", but I just had to do this month, not only for myself, but also for you and most of all for Jane Reichhold. Jane once said to me "you are a very sensitive guy and tanka is your kind of poetry, go on try it ..."

Today our prompt is autumn's voice, but what do I mean by that? With this prompt I hope to challenge you to create tanka in which you are listening to autumn's voice. Autumn's voice ... is the tough wind, the rustling of the fallen leaves, the hard smashing rains, the sound of birds on their way to warmer places and more.





A wonderful piece of music created by Nujabes in which he has tried to bring the voice of autumn. Maybe this music can help to awaken your muse.

just the wind
the rustling of fallen leaves
and the soft rain
together with the one I love
I discover the voice of autumn


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this episode and of course I hope that it will inspire you to create tanka. This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 3rd at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, the last of this Tanka Splendor month, pilgrimage, later on. During lack of time, I have a very busy week, I will not publish a Universal Jane episode this Wednesday. So only the regular prompt.

I am busy with the new prompt-list for December and I hope to publish it on time. As you all know in December we will explore classical music of all times. I am looking forward to this new month. I also hope to launch a new challenging kukai.


1 comment: