Saturday, November 26, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #27 decay


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today my mom and I have seen the definite version of the grave-stone for my dad's grave. They will place it next Monday or Tuesday. Finally we can start with our real mourning after such a long time. I cannot imagine that it has been almost nine months ago that my dad died.

Today our prompt is decay and it is a bit rare to see this prompt on this day (thinking about what I wrote above), but ... I had planned this prompt for today so I couldn't change that anymore.


the scent of autumn
that sweet smell of decaying leaves -
after the rain - stronger makes me think of days past and my first real love ...


© Chèvrefeuille



This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 1st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, the last Tanka Writing technique by Teika, later on.


2 comments:

  1. Good to have your father's grave marked by permanent stone...your heart and mind marked with his memory. Let yourself grieve...you have our sympathy, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn__ the grave stone was placed earlier today and we (my mom and I) will go to the cemetery this Thursday. It has become wonderful, but I am looking forward to see it for real later this week on the graveyard.

      Delete