Friday, November 25, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #26 meditation


Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

This wonderful CDHK Tanka Splendor month is running towards its end and we have still a few days to improve our Tanka writing skills. Today I have a nice prompt for you which is a nice theme for tanka. Today our prompt is meditation.
We all know what meditation is I think, so no need to explain that further. Let's go and try to create tanka with this prompt, but first I have a few haiku for you which maybe can inspire you.

dervishes whirling
seeking a higher consciousness -
third eye opens


chanting their mantra
broomstick and rake in hand
true meditation

peace of mind
lotuses reach for the sun
growing from the dark


© Chèvrefeuille



Well ... enough haiku to inspire you. I couldn't come up with something new at first, but I found a beautiful cascading haiku in my archive which I have re-worked into a tanka that fits the scene and even fits the "love" angle of tanka.

deep meditation
high up in the mountains
a Buddhist monk
even he violates chastity
watching a geisha


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 30th at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, decay, later on.

!!! Soon to come a new challenging kind of kukai !!!


3 comments:

  1. waves embrace the shore
    as the shore enfolds the waves
    eternal balance

    an affair for all to see
    mindful of such commitment

    ReplyDelete