Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #17 loneliness


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day has come and I was very busy with CDHK as you have noticed I think. I had a lot of spare time today, but now there are other things who need my attention. So this Tanka Splendor episode will be a short one.

Today our prompt is loneliness and I think that is a great theme for tanka.

all alone
after the quarrel with her
I sit down
trying to forget her
with a bottle of scotch


© Chèvrefeuille

A strong feeling of loneliness in this tanka and that's the beauty of tanka. You can tell a lot within just five lines.

As I re-read the above tanka a haiku I wrote several years ago came in mind. It's a haiku in which the loneliness is enclosed in very strong way.

wandering
through the city park near by
just the wind and me


© Chèvrefeuille

Loneliness (painting by Hans Thoma; National Museum Warsaw)
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 21st at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, depression, later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment