Sunday, November 13, 2016

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #14 storm


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are almost halfway this Tanka Splendor month and I think we have accomplished already improvement of our Tanka Writing skills. I have read beautiful tanka and that makes me happy, not only for you and myself, but also for Jane Reichhold. Jane was not only a great haiku poetess, but also a great tanka poetess. Jane encouraged me to go on with CDHK, but she also encouraged me to write tanka. Of course ... I have done that, but tanka isn't really my "cup of tea". I think, as I look at myself, writing tanka isn't easy especially as you started to create haiku.
Haiku needs not to much words to be wonderful and tanka ... maybe it's a prolonged haiku, because of the extra two lines I don't really know. I find it difficult to expand my poems, mostly haiku, to the length of a tanka, but ... well I just have to follow what Jane once said: "Go on Kris, go on writing tanka, because you have it in you. You are a guy with the strength of love and energy hidden in you. You are a very sensitive guy ... so you just have to write tanka it's a form that fits you like a glove".

Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)

I hope there will be a day that I can say "this is the day I decided to create tanka, because I can do that like no other". Sounds a bit immodest don't you think so too?
As I started this month that energy which Jane sensed was the "trigger" to bring a whole month full of Tanka, not only to improve your tanka skills, but also to improve my own tanka skills.

This month we are exploring tanka through the Ten Tanka Writing Techniques by Teika and (as we are halfway this month) we have had already five Tanka Writing Techniques which we can use in our challenge for today.
Today our prompt is storm. In every relationship there is time of "storm" we even had our own "storm" several months ago as we discussed publishing rights. Well ... you all know what happened.


I have tried to create a tanka in which I have used our prompt, storm, and I came up with this one:


around the mansion
daisies standing strong together
after the storm
his hands create a new necklace
her soft virgin white neck

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 18th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, bushclover, later on. For now ... have fun!

!! Don't forget that our first "Winter Retreat - Find The Silence" will start on November 15th 10.00 PM (CET), a period of 30 days to write haiku or tanka themed "find the silence" every day. !!


1 comment:

  1. Well that one flowed well, with denouement as we day. You just might find it hard to go back to haiku!

    ReplyDelete