Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Carpe Diem First Winter Retreat 2016 the kick off - find the silence


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Are you ready? Let us start the first Carpe Diem Winter Retreat, 30 days of writing haiku and tanka inspired on the theme "find the silence".

In this Winter Retreat I challenge you to write a haiku or tanka (this retreat I also will give room to haiga) every day for 30 days. For this new CDHK Retreat which I have titled "Find the Silence" you don't need to register, but please let me know if you would like to participate. This new CDHK Retreat will start on November 15th 10.00 PM (CET) and will run to December 15th 10.00 PM (CET).

Winter is almost ready to start at the Northern Hemisphere and that means ... cold weather, healthy weather, long nights, romance, Christmas, red wine, but also snow and frost. But ... it is also a time to meditate, preparing for the light of spring. The circle of life is always changing and all over the world we can see and feel that.

For starters ... or "kick off", a haiku from my archive "re-done" in a haiga:

image found on the Internet, haiku by Chèvrefeuille
I am looking forward to this new challenge, a new Carpe Diem Retreat, this time for Winter themed "finding the silence" ... I hope you will participate in it for 30 days.

This first Carpe Diem Winter Retreat, "Find The Silence", is open for your submissions tonight at 10 PM (CET). 

9 comments:

  1. Well that is a brilliant haiga. I am always worried about using the "like a" simile in haiku as it seems not to be the 'is' reality of haiku, but here it just fits perfectly and naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to take part but I will be off the radar for for or so days and will miss the beginning. Not sure if I could catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we suppose to link all of the "finding silence" haiku in the same post by numbering it from 1-30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If possible please give all of your daily submissions for the winter retreat a number.

      Delete
  4. With holiday travels in the offing, I probably will no get to contribute each day. Oh, but what fun catching up on reading all of ya'lls wonderful work on Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this wonderful retreat Kristjaan. I love to take part and will hopefully be able to post what I write on most days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm up-to-date now, Kristjaan, which has filled up my first morning back! I will try to contribute to the other Carpe Diem challenges as soon as I can. This is a great retreat. I'm afraid I have only read and made a few comments but I'll comment on as many as possible over the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi friends!
    Apologies to all, my comments will be posted late. Seems like some serious issue with my blogger page. I am signed in, yet not! :/ in case any of know a way out of this situation, please do help

    I have been reading all your haiku. Loved them. Sincere thanks to the host for having come up with this great idea!

    Thanks to all who have send in your support :)

    I hope this get posted somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Back in November I wasn't sure if I would ever catch up - and now I've posted my thirtieth! Thank you, Kristjaan, for a challenging but enjoyable retreat.

    ReplyDelete