- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Carpe Diem #1077 Hammer and Anvil
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
First I have to apologize that I am late with this episode (and the following) I had a few very busy days, so ... time wasn't on my side.
Today I will try to catch up with posting, this is the first ... another wonderful regular prompt, hammer and anvil, something I not know much about, but recently I saw a preview of a new TV-show on History channel. "Forged in Fire", it's a kind of competition between hammer smiths who are challenged to create ancient weapons like samurai swords.
I haven't seen this TV show, so I really cannot tell you more about it, but I liked watching the preview of this show. Strong guys forging weapons in great fires and hammering the iron into shape. In a way I became excited to see them at work. It's a ancient craft and those hammer smiths are cool to watch. By the way ... forging isn't really my thing, but it did seem awesome.
sound of iron on iron
shape with fire
Would be an awesome idea tor try this once.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 27th at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, Imagination with Paul Militaru 4th, immediately hereafter.