Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Carpe Diem #1074 knitting wool

 

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy it is to create an every day episode based on prompts. Today (sorry for being late, I am on the nightshift) I have another nice tool for art and creativity for you ... today our prompt is knitting wool and I think that needs no more explanation.

With knitting wool you can create wonderful woolen clothes, but also more creatively, puppets and as you can see hereafter ... a spiderweb:

spiderweb made from knitting wool
Or what do you think of this "Guerilla Knitting" or "Yarn Bombing" a new kind of playing with knitting wool to decorate trees with it or other objects like busses and caravans.

Guerilla Knitting
I am not that good in knitting, but I can appreciate the above use of knitting wool. Looks awesome and makes trees even more beautiful.

And what do you think of this ... pockets for plants:


Well ... how to create / write a haiku or tanka on knitting wool?

I have given it a try and "knitted" the following haiku:

knitted jackets
coloring the trees in town -
everlasting spring

© Chèvrefeuille

Well .... good luck and have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 15th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, our 2nd Universal Jane, later on.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool -- the tree looks very "Doctor Seuss" :)
    Great haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn Bombing is so much fun - those colorful artworks around town always make me smile. Love the mood of your haiku, Chèvrefeuille!

    ReplyDelete