Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #78 Soliloquy no Renga "autumn night" by Santoka Taneda


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Here is our first Tokubetsudesu episode of May. I couldn't find a nice theme for this Tokubetsudesu so I decided to challenge you to write a Soliloquy no Renga in this Tan Renga month. Maybe you can remember that I invented this solo renga a few years ago, but I will tell you again what a Soliloquy no Renga is.

As the name already says ... Soliloquy no Renga is a renga written by one poet. It challenges you to associate on your own stanzas to create a "solo-renga". A renga has two kinds of stanzas, three lined stanza and two lined stanza (as renga and Tan Renga). You may decide yourself how long you will make your Soliloquy no Renga, but at least 6 stanzas.

Logo of CD-Soliloquy no Renga

For this Tokubetsudesu Soliloquy no Renga challenge I have a nice haiku by Santoka Taneda (1882-1940). Santoka Taneda is known for his 'free-styled' haiku, no syllables-count, no kigo. He was really a free thinker in haiku-land.

Here is the starting verse of this week's Soliloquy no Renga challenge:

Aki noyo ya inu kara morattari neko ni ataetari

Autumn night--
I received it from the dog
And gave it to the cat.

© Santoka Taneda

Santoka Taneda (1882-1940)
It has become a short episode, because of lack of time. I hope to come up with a Soliloquy no Renga based on this haiku by Santoka Taneda myself later on.

This Tokubetsudesu episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 8th at noon (CET). I will publish our next Tan Renga Challenge based on a haiku by Chiyo-Ni (as you can find on our twitter account) later on.


1 comment:

  1. I found this challenge very hard to get into and I'm not happy with my effort. I'm afraid I didn't like the haiku by Santoka Taneda. But I gave it my best shot :)

    ReplyDelete