Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month May 5th (4) a haiku Chiyo-Ni "morning glory"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Isn't it awesome to create Tan Renga together as in the underscore of the logo "chained together". It is really a joy to read all your completions, but I haven't had time to visit you all or comment on your completion. I hope to catch up the upcoming days ... Sometimes I will only "like" your completion and sometimes I will comment, but I promise you that I will visit you all.

Today (May 5th) here in The Netherlands we are celebrating freedom with a lot of festivities and I hope that the haiku I have for you as the starting verse / stanza of our Tan Renga will give that 'freedom' idea also.
For today's Tan Renga Challenge I have chosen for a wellknown haiku by Chiyo-Ni, as you maybe have read already on our twitter account. The goal is to complete the Tan Renga by adding a second stanza through association. That second stanza counts two lines of approx. 7-7 syllables.


Morning Glory
morning glory!
the well bucket-entangled,
I ask for water


© Chiyo-Ni (1703-1775)

A beautiful haiku I would say and I think it's a nice starting verse for our Tan Renga. Here is my attempt to create a Tan Renga of this haiku by adding the second stanza.

morning glory!
the well bucket-entangled,
I ask for water
                                            © Chiyo-Ni (1703-1775)

celebrating the first day of spring
drinking tea together with my love
         © Chèvrefeuille      

While I was thinking about the second stanza I remembered that I once have written my own "narrow road into the deep north', that famous haibun by Basho. In that haibun (my own) I included a haiku about drinking tea with friends. My second stanza is inspired on that haiku.

Well ... now it is up to you to complete the Tan Renga by adding a second stanza.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 9th at noon (CET). Our new starting verse for May 6th is already published on our twitter account. May 6th we will have a haiku by Hamish "Managua" Gunn as the starting verse. For now ... have fun!


4 comments:

  1. Turnesol, your link takes us to a definition site. Hope you can change it as I'm looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was editing some of my garden photography and this Tan Renga was the perfect link. Thanks as always Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. gently dropping from petals
    sweetest morning dew answers

    https://rivrvlogr.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/morning-glory/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Android goes haywire ! Could not submit in time / but here is my link
    https://rajkumarmilan.wordpress.com/2016/05/12/morning-glory-on-my-face/

    ReplyDelete