Sunday, May 15, 2016

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month May 16th: "cold barren garden" by Milan Rajkumar


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday (May15th) we had a wonderful haiku by Yozakura, a not so well known classical haiku poet, so today I have chosen to challenge you with a haiku by a modern haiku poet and member of our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai family, Milan Rajkumar. Maybe you can remember this haiku as part of our first Carpe Diem Theme Week about the Tibetan Book of the Death.

cold barren garden
ah! I don't have to worry
coix seed beads in hand


© Milan Rajkumar

Well ... what do you think? A nice starting verse of our Tan Renga Challenge, but not an easy one I think, but of course I had to try it myself.

Coix seed beads

Here is my attempt:

cold barren garden
ah! I don't have to worry
coix seed beads in hand                              (Milan Rajkumar)

whispering voices prayingthe sound of coix seed beads                       (Chèvrefeuille)

Not as strong as I had hoped, but on the other hand ... I think that the coix seed beads are playing the lead in this haiku and also in the Tan Renga.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 20th at noon (CET). I will publish our new "hokku" at our Twitter account. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Tan Renga Challenge May 16:

    cold barren garden
    ah! I don't have to worry
    coix seed beads in hand Milan Rajkumar

    unstringing the rosary
    hunger overcome by faith Joyce Lorenson

    ReplyDelete