Friday, May 27, 2016

Carpe Diem Extra May 27th 2016 Kukai "New Life" the results


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy I have the results of our "New Life" kukai. In this kukai eight (8) haiku poets have submitted a total of 22 haiku ... all beauties if I may say, but of course there can be only one winner and a "runner-up". The voting closed May 24th at 10.00 PM (CET) and now I have the results for you:

With a total of nine (9) points Joyce Joslin Lorenson (whom was featured in our second "In the Spotlight" episode) is our winner of the "New Life" kukai. Congratulations Joyce. Joyce won with the following haiku:

spring blossoms

bees carrying
new life to the hive
 


© Joyce Joslin Lorenson
Joyce Joslin Lorenson
And our "runner-up" with eight (8) points is Milan Rajkumar with his haiku, congratulations Milan

lifeless for a season
pupa inside the cocoon
spring gives life and wings

Milan Rajkumar
As you all (maybe) know as the winner you get the opportunity to create an e-book together with Chèvrefeuille's Publications and edited by Chèvrefeuille. So Joyce ... as the winner of our "New Life" kukai you have won the opportunity to create an e-book and you will be our featured haiku poetess next month (June). As the "runner-up" Milan Rajkumar will be featured in one of the Tokubetsudesu episode next month (June).

Here are the results for all submitted haiku:

9 points : haiku 4
8 points : haiku 10
6 points : haiku 6
5 points : haiku 11 & 21
3 points : haiku 15, 16, 17, 19 & 20
2 points : haiku 5 & 12
1 point :  haiku 2 & 18
0 points : haiku 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14 & 22


It was really a pleasure to host this "New Life" kukai for you all.

Prayer(s) (image found on Flickr)

Here is our new kukai:

As you all know in our last Theme Week we have explored that beautiful Sufism prayer the "Latifa Prayer". That Theme Week inspired me to create the next kukai:


PRAYER(S)


As you all know you can submit a maximum of three (3) new (never published earlier) haiku for the kukai. Please send your submissions to our e-mail address: carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com don't forget to write kukai "prayer" in the subject-line.

This new kukai "Prayer" is now open for your submissions and will be open until June 20th 10.00 PM (CET)


I am looking forward to all of your beautiful haiku themed "prayer" or related to "prayer"

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

9 comments:

  1. The best haiku definitely won, congrats Joyce...hope you decide for a blog, is nice to comment and read on blogs, as sometimes haiku in comments are lost. Anyway. Very nicely done haiku, in the style I really like. Milan, as good as ever and always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Joyce ! Your work is a classical beauty ! Its so sublime and full of life !
    I am very happy that i got he second plaçe ! This is my first submission and I am looking forward for the next !
    Thank you Hamish for always encouraging me ! Thank you my dear friends for giving me the points

    And thank you Kristjaàn , you always inspire me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Joyce and Milan, two stunning haiku. When I read a haiku and it makes me be in a moment and feel it with all my senses, I know it is a masterpiece. I read it and reread it...these two did that to me. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Joyce and Milan. A Jobe well done. I really love the tone of the winning haikus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for your kind compliments. I am very much enjoying being a part of your community and love reading the work of all of you.
    Sincerely,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. .....and my congratulations to you, Milan, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Joyce and Milan. Amazing haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you allfor the kind compliments ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Joyce and Milan ... I'm just back home and saw the great news ... wonderfully haiku! Bastet

    ReplyDelete