Sunday, July 5, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Glass #34, "juxtaposition"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's Sunday and that means time for our Time Glass feature in which the goal is to write a haiku (or tanka) inspired on a given prompt and image and share it within 24 hours. This week's Time Glass is a slightly different one as I normally do. This week's Time Glass is juxtaposition, a haiku writing technique in which to different images/scenes are coming together in one haiku (or tanka). To learn more about "juxtaposition" you can visit the "Haiku Writing Techniques"-episode "juxtaposition" or you can find it in our Haiku Writing Techniques e-book at the right side of our weblog or above in the menu.

This week I love to challenge you with two very different themes our prompt this week is "nude beach" and hereafter you can see the image you have to use too for your inspiration.

Credits: Snow Mountain
I tried it myself, mostly I do not share a haiku (or a tanka) in the Time Glass episodes, but this time I needed to do that to "show" what I mean as I ask you to use "juxtaposition" in your haiku (or tanka):

at the nude beach
the heat is overwhelming -
longing for the coolness
high up in the mountains
perpetual snow


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Do you see the juxtaposition in this one? I think you do. I first tried a haiku, but I wasn't satisfied with it, but I will give you that haiku here too:

perpetual snow
reflects the sunlight -
I dream of a nude beach


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Well ... it's up to you now my dear friends. Try to write/compose a haiku or tanka in which you use juxtaposition as seen in the prompt and the image. You have to submit it within 24 hours.

This Time Glass episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until Monday July 6th at 7.00 PM (CET) ... just 24 hours to respond ... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Very good prompt - important reminder in haiku too. Actually the haiku was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, not juxtaposition maybe, but very nice from Ghana - Nana Fredua-Agyeman

    lightning...
    flashes of her face
    in the rain

    ReplyDelete