Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #155 Adjei's second haiku "summer sun"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I present our second CD-Special of this month. Our featured haiku poet lives in Ghana, his name is Adjei Agyei Baah. Adjei has emailed me his submission haiku for several prompts, but he hasn't a personal website or weblog therefore I have decided to share his submitted haiku in this CD Special. By the way Adjei will soon have his personal website.

Here are his submitted haiku for the following prompts:

Summer morning (July 3rd); Butterflies ("Encore" July 3rd); Rainy season (July 5th) and Rainbow (July 6th).

Adjei lives in Kimasi Ghana and is co-founder of the Poetry Foundation Ghana. He is the inventor of the "afriku" a haiku especially with scenes and images from Africa. At the moment he is creating his own personal weblog. He has already published a lot on the divers websites for poetry in Africa.

Here are his haiku for your inspiration. The goal is to write/compose all new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the ones I have given. You may use them all, but that isn't an obligation, you can also take one or two haiku for your inspiration.

Summer morning:

summer sun
all in her eyes
the ocean, sand and nudity!


(c) Adjei

Butterflies:


folding
and unfolding
the silent clap of a butterfly


(c) Adjei
Credits: Butterfly
Rainy season:

May rains drop
the bamboo fence
free from termites plaster


(c) Adjei

Rainbow:


the rain
and his so-called bowl
little kids argued all day


(c) Adjei

Four wonderfully composed haiku. I hope they will inspire you all. During lack of time I have chosen to use the butterfly haiku for my inspiration.


in the Buddleia
fluttering of fragile wings
waving on the wind

waving on the wind
butterflies resting in the sun
on the Buddleia

© Chèvrefeuille


Credits: butterfly on Buddleia
I hope this episode of our CD-Special featured haiku poet will inspire you all to write/compose an all new haiku or tanka. Have fun!

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 10th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, natsu no nami (summer waves), later on.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post, Kristjaan! The africu all make you stop and think and read again. I too was drawn by the butterfly one and your two haiku are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheryl Lynn a great post indeed! I've chosen summer morning as my inspiration ... so much closer to my present reality! :-)

    ReplyDelete