Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Carpe Diem Extra #21 July-2015


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you have seen I have published another CD Special than planned, sometimes that happens, but I just had the feeling (thank you Mark) that I had to publish a episode about "full moon" as planned in our prompt-list.
J
So here is that episode, as a Carpe Diem Extra episode. I have a haiku (written by myself) to inspire you. Today (July 2nd) its "full moon" and of course that can inspire you already, but here is my haiku for your inspiration:

The next haiku is based on the Hawaiian mythology and astrology. The Hawaiians thought that when the moon was in its first quarter in January and February that the moon was a bowl in which the Gods gathered rain water for spring. In that period of the year the Hawaiians can see what they call the Water Bearer (a constellation) the name of the moon in that same period is Kulua.


Water Bearer (constellation)

dripping wet moon
the Water Bearer spills
water from the bowl


© Chèvrefeuille

This CD-Extra episode "full moon" is NOW OPEN for your submissions. Have fun! You can submit your haiku until July 4th at noon (CET)



4 comments:

  1. I posted a haiga...then saw your "extra episode" and it all seems to fit! I've heard it called a "strawberry moon" when berries are ripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful haiku, Kristjaan! I like the story behind it.
    Mine is up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/water-bearer/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your haiku here - I feel refreshed simply by reading it! Such an air of coolness...

    ReplyDelete