Monday, July 6, 2015

Carpe Diem #770 Hikage (shade, shadow)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am a bit late so I will not create a very big post today. Today it's all about hikage which is the Japanese word for shade or shadow, and that's a classical kigo for summer.

For this episode I will only share a cascading haiku with the above theme for your inspiration:

in the backyard
overgrown by Ivy
my old bike


my old bike
leaning to the hot wall of my home
a hot summer day

a hot summer day
in the backyard of my home
sparrows bathing

sparrows bathing
in the fountain of the mansion
what refreshing

what refreshing
seeking shadow under the willow
in the backyard


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 9th at noon (CET). Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cascade drawing us into the shadow of your willow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of seeking shade under a willow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing Janice - your cascade creates such a peaceful scene :)

    ReplyDelete