Friday, March 6, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Machine #5, Kite(s)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to take you with me on a CDHK journey through time and this time we will travel to spring 2013 especially March 2013. That month we had all classical kigo (seasonwords) for spring and one of them was Tako (Kite) ... and I recall that I composed a haiku with a dragonkite as theme. It was really a nice haiku than, but I don't know if I would compose such a haiku again.

against the blue sky
the devilish dragon kite
just like yesterday


© Chèvrefeuille
Credits: Dragon kite
I even can recall that I have done several episodes about kites. I also did one on my birthday (April 20) last year and I brought a reprise episode in October 2014 while we were celebrating our second anniversary as a Haiku Family.

I have something with kites I think ... so I have tried to write an all new haiku on kite(s):

happiness
kites against the blue sky
laughter of children

© Chèvrefeuille

And I found another nice "kite"-haiku on my personal weblog:



'look up there grandpa'
my grandson points to the sky -
yellow dragon kite
© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this journey back in time to the earlier years of our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and I hope it will inspire you to write/compose an all new haiku, tanka, troiku or haibun. Have fun!

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 9th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, raindrops, later on.

2 comments:

  1. https://toweararainbow.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/kites-haiku/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your haiku "against the blue sky" is wonderful. Pure haiku.

    ReplyDelete