Saturday, March 14, 2015

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #77, Ese's "stroked by the lightning"


Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday (Friday 13th) I hadn't enough time to create a Tan Renga Challenge for CDHK and I decided to skip TRC this week, but ... well yet here it is, because I ran into a wonderful haiku by Ese of Ese's Voice which I couldn't let go ... I hope Ese doesn't mind that I have used her haiku without asking permission.

stroked by the lightning
delicate peaks of sand dunes
-silence before the storm

© Ese

Credits: Lightning
A spectacular photo of lightning above a lake ... this is Mother Nature's rage for abusing her ... and it really gives wonderful photos. I have sought the Internet and there really were very beautiful photos of this natural phenomena ....

The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to compose a second stanza of two lines respectively 7-7 syllables which continue the scene or make it complete. I have given it a try myself and this is what a came with:

stroked by the lightning
delicate peaks of sand dunes
-silence before the storm
                                        (Ese)

a new day rises with the song of birds
the soft breeze caressing young leaves
                 (Chèvrefeuille) 

Hm ... not bad I think. The power of lightning, the silence before the storm and than that finale that feeling of the dawning of a new day with the sweet song of birds and the rustling of leaves ... awesome!

This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday March 20th at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment