Thursday, March 26, 2015

Carpe Diem #694, Experience



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to welcome you at a new episode of our Carpe Diem Haiga Festival month at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai were we have today experience as the source for inspiration. We have all experiences which we cherish or which us make sad. For example: I am an oncology-nurse and through my work I have a lot of experience with sadness and sorrow, but also with become stronger to fight the cancer. I have seen a lot of oncology patients and have cared for them too. It's amazing to see how these patients stay positive and optimistic and it's really a joy to work with them and of course there are a lot of tears spilled, but also a lot of laughter. This kind of experiences have made me whom I am today.
Another example: I am a haiku poet since the late eighties and as I look back to the years behind me and look forward to the years to come than I am glad and grateful that CDHK has brought me more than I ever had thought. I feel that my English becomes better and my haiku (and sometimes tanka) are become more compact and strong ... that's also based on experience.
There are haiku poets who are part of our Carpe Diem Haiku Family and who are saying that I am a haiku master or the Basho of our era (thank you Hamish for that big compliment) and that I thank my experience, and you all my dear haijin, for. I am just your humble host and ... yes ... I like haiku a lot.



This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 30th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, our last CD-Special by Santoka Taneda, later on.

8 comments:

  1. Imagine a world without Carpe Diem Haiku Kai! I can't! You could never be thanked enough for your tireless work and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Hamish :-) Absolutely.

      BTW, I couldn't leave a comment on your wonderful haiku on Basho and the frog... :-(

      Just want to say, it's GREAT...

      Delete
  2. most of my haiku are written out of experience, however , some are present and some remembered

    nice prompt :)


    much love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I wondered on to your blog. I have written haikus privately for a long time, but I feel they have grown in depth thanks to you and the masters you've introduced to me. Thank you, and thank you for hosting your memes. The stunning image here surely inspired your lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider you a master, Kristjaan, and I feel privileged to learn from a humble master as you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine there not being a Carpe Diem either -- CDHK has gotten to be a cherished part of every day - and through your experience and patience I've become a stronger poet. MANY of us have! So -- thank you, Chevrefeuille :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Kristjaan we are soooo grateful for you and your welcoming us into your world of Basho,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very grateful for you, and this wonderful site.

    Mine is late, but up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/farmers-market/

    ReplyDelete