Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Carpe Diem #689, Melancholy


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This is the last regular prompt which I will do this week. As you all know Jen of Blog It Or Lose It will take care for our regular prompts for March 20th, 21th and 22th. And as you all know ... last month she did great and I have already had a sneak preview of her episodes and they look great. So Jen ... thank you for helping me out.
A few announcements which I love to share with you all:

Next Friday (March 20th) there will be no Tan Renga Challenge, not because of lack of time, but more because I think the Tan Renga Challenge gives you all to less inspiration, but maybe that's a wrong idea.
Next Saturday (March 21th), the start of spring on the Northern Hemisphere, there will be no bi-weekly "Little Creatures" episode. I have decided to skip that special feature for one week, so our first "Little Creatures" episode will be March 28th.
Than to conclude these announcements ... I am proud to tell you all that I have gotten permission to use haiku written by Kala Ramesh next month. Kala Ramesh, a famous Indian haiku-poetess, will be our featured haiku-poet for the CD-Specials in April. It makes me happy that I may use her haiku in a month in which we will discover the Bhagavad Gita, an Indian Epos.

Ok ... back to our prompt for today. Today we have melancholy for prompt, but what is melancholy? I have found the following meaning(s):

1. a gloomy state of mind, especially when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2. sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.

I don't really know if that's what I am feeling when I am melancholic, but maybe that's more my idea, because English isn't my mother tongue.
As I am melancholic than I am in a kind of mood that gives me a strong longing to go back to my childhood, to re-live my history. Sometimes as I am in that kind of mood ... I become sad and tears stream ...
"Was it really better than?" I have given this prompt serious thought and I decided to make a haiga with a picture of my childhood.


long time ago
when I was just a child no worries -
just happiness


© Chèvrefeuille
In the background on this haiga you can see my older brother (who died almost 20 years ago) it's one of the photos which I cherish. Than ... there were no worries, no sadness ... we just were kids and could do anything ... yes I had a wonderful youth.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until March 22nd at noon (CET). Upcoming weekend I am free and Jen will take over. Thank you again Jen for helping me out.

6 comments:

  1. Precious photo you have entrusted to the Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is an adorable treasure! Sad realities come too soon. I cherish my childhood memories of my brother and cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable photo, Chevrefeuille -- so sweet! Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

    Always a pleasure to help out -- and I'm very relieved you like the upcoming episodes. Phew!

    ReplyDelete