Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Carpe Diem #684, bird feathers


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Haiga ... to visualize your haiku or giving your haiku more strength ... both ways to make your haiku even more beautiful. Haiga makes it all even more an art to compose haiku. Haiga ... that's our theme for this month and I think until today it's a great month in which you all share wonderful posts.

Today our prompt is bird feathers and you can use it in any way you want and create your haiga ...

king of the farm
spreads out his gorgeous tail
feathers on a vase

© Chèvrefeuille
I thought at first ... this has to be a peacock-haiku and so I have done that .... the feathers of the male peacock are really awesome and beautiful ... so I just had to us that image.

The haiga (haiku) reproduced here I wrote at the start of Carpe Diem in response on a haiku by Shiki and it was part of a cascading haiku which I love to share here too.

king of the farm
spreads out his gorgeous tail -
feathers on a vase

feathers on a vase
eyes looking deep into mine -
again in love

again in love -
the first day of Spring has come
listen to the breeze


© Chèvrefeuille

It was a joy to make this episode and I hope it will inspire you as it did me.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 15th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, first flowers, later on. For now ... be inspired and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. There was a unique, and interesting cinematographic progression to your cascading haiku there - I think those planning cascading haiku should really study this one, as the example.
    Great prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are making haiga a theme for this month. I love making them and will try and do more over the next few weeks. The prompt and your cascading haiku inspired me so much I created two haiga in response.

    ReplyDelete