Thursday, March 5, 2015

Carpe Diem #681, Puddles


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Sometimes I don't have a clue to write about for our prompts. Our prompt for today, puddles, is such a prompt ... I really don't know what to write about puddles to introduce the episode to you all.

So I just stay at this point ... our prompt is puddles and it is up to you to write/compose a haiku (or tanka) and share it with us in a haiga.

Puddles ... they remind me at my childhood ... how many times I jumped in puddles after a rain shower? Often very often. I remember that my brother and I jumped in puddles often and certainly after a hot summer day ... than we danced in the rain (almost naked) to become free of the heat ... yes those are nice memories. I have made a haiga from an archived haiku ... so here is my haiga for this episode:


feeling a kid again
jumping in the puddles of spring -
soaked 'til the bone

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you all do enjoy this Haiga Festival month and I hope that you all liked this episode.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 9th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, a nice new episode of our Time Machine feature - kites, later on. For now ... have fun!

3 comments:

  1. ah, for the days when I actually enjoyed the rain! this sparked a very warm memory, Kristjaan, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this memory with us -- sweet, and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those memories of childhood make for very nice haiku

    ReplyDelete