Sunday, December 21, 2014

Carpe Diem's Seven Days to Christmas" #3, candles


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are counting down to Christmas with haiku here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. And candles and Christmas are belonging together .... so today we will have candles for prompt. Candles are bringing light, warmth, joy, peace and romance. I can see myself in front of the fireplace on a deerskin, a nice glass of Gluhwein, candlelight, sweet music on the background and the one I love close to me ... sharing her love and warmth with me. Outside snow is falling and gardenlights burning .... at the other side of the street ... the doors of the church are open and awaiting the people to celebrate Christmas ...

As I was preparing this episode a haiku by Buson came to mind, but I had to change it a bit to fit Christmas, but here is the original first:

Lighting one candle
with another candle--
spring evening

© Buson

This one could be easily be for Easter, but we have Christmas within a few days so I have adjusted it to this time of year:

lighting one candle
with another candle -
Christmas Eve

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Christmas Candles
Christmas is coming closer and I am looking forward to what it will bring us all .... Just enjoy Christmas and remember the true meaning of it ....

This episode of our Christmas Countdown is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open for just 24 hours, so you can respond until December 22nd at 7.00 PM (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. I had wifi problems and could not post. I did write a response and posted it:
    my response to the prompt:

    tradition
    church and home
    advent wreath
    .
    I'm enjoying the Christmas prompts, Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete