Sunday, December 14, 2014

Carpe Diem Time Glass #14, Winter Wonderland


!! This Carpe Diem Time Glass episode I publish earlier, because of the task hidden in it. It's not an easy one. So it needs a little 'freedom' to become inspired therefore I publish it today, but it will open tomorrow December 15th at 7.00 PM (CET) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is time again for a new Time Glass episode in which you have to respond within 24 hours. This week I love to step into the Winter Wonderland ... the time of year brings that idea to me. Last Saturday we watched a TV-show in which Dutch artist sang Christmas songs and one of those Christmas songs was "Winter Wonderland". I think you all know that classic Christmas song so I don't need to share it here, but of course I have to share a "Winter Wonderland" image here, because that's part of the Time Glass challenge, an image and a prompt for your inspiration. I have found a wonderful "Winter Wonderland" image:


What a wonderful winterland don't you think too? Look at the snow and that gorgeous color of the Camelia must be a source of inspiration for you all.
This week I love to challenge you all a bit more to write a short chained poem with a maximum of eight stanza following the classical rules (5-7-5; 7-7; 5-7-5; 7-7; 5-7-5; 7-7; 5-7-5; 7-7) and your last stanza (classically called "ageku") has to close the chain by associating on the first stanza. Of course you don't need to use the classical syllables count, but that's up to you.
Not an easy task I think, but therefore I give you all 24 hours instead of 18 hours ... So you have to write a chained poem (Renga) of maximum eight (8) stanza inspired on the image and the prompt WINTER WONDERLAND within 24 hours. This Carpe Diem Time Glass episode starts Monday, December 15th, at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until Tuesday, December 16th, at 7.00 PM (CET).


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've missed the renga prompts :D
    Very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was tricky... I liked having the extra 'time' to work on it.
    I'm ready when the prompt opens!
    That is if I can get to it while my Little Miss plays... or at her second nap... or after she goes home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful prompt!!!!
    thanks I know you spent some time thinking about this Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete