Saturday, December 27, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #124, Richard Wright's last haiku of this month


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We have our last CD Special of this month and of this year ... I have enjoyed the haiku by Richard Wright and I hope you all did too.
For this last episode I have chosen for the following haiku written by him:

keep straight down this block,
then turn right where you will find
a peach tree blooming


© Richard Wright

A wonderful haiku I think ... I can see this scene in front of my eyes ... as I walk through my neighborhood in early spring ... than a few blocks further ... a garden with wonderful blossoming cherry and plum trees ... so I can relate to this scene captured in a brilliant haiku by Richard Wright. Must be an easy task to write an all new haiku inspired on and in the spirit of the haiku by Richard.
just around the corner
welcoming a new spring
cherrytrees blooming


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you liked this post and I hope you have enjoyed these haiku by Richard Wright. For now .... be inspired and share your haiku in the same spirit as the one by Richard Wright with us all.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 30th at noon (CET).

5 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays Kristjaan

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful haiku from Wright --- I could really relate to it. When people are lost I give directions much the same way that he does (turn right at the crooked pine, make a left at the mailbox with the pink and purple vines, stop three doors before the blooming tree, etc) - and it drives people nuts. :)

    I like how you've carried the theme of "streets" into your haiku with "just around the corner". Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say --- I've really enjoyed this month with Richard Wright. Sorry to see him go!
    All the best to you ---

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just around the corner" is a great "link and turn" to Wright's direction poem. Two meanings. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed meeting Richard Wright's writing for the first time - thanks for the introduction :-)

    ReplyDelete