Monday, December 15, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #122, Richard Wright's 3rd haiku "The Violet Beds"


!! I am a little bit late with publishing I am sorry !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another CD-Special is starting today. As you all know our featured haiku poet this month is Richard Wright and he has written a lot of haiku. So I can choose from a very broad range of haiku. Not an easy task, but it's really a joy.
I didn't know Richard Wright and as learned to know him I was stunned, because he wrote more than 4000 haiku in just 2 years ... I have written a lot of haiku, but I never have written that much in almost two years. So he is really a great haiku poet.
For this CD-Special I love to challenge you a little bit. As you maybe know I have created the Troiku as you can find above in the menu. It's a kind of creativity with haiku ... in short you have to use every line of the haiku (three in total) as the starting line for a new haiku. The Troiku is created as you have written three new haiku. I love to challenge you, but remember it's not an obligation, to turn the given haiku by Richard Wright into a Troiku.

Richard Wright (1908-1960)

I give permission
For this slow spring rain to soak
The violet beds.

© Richard Wright

A nice haiku I think. If you will try your hand at Troiku than you have to use the three separated lines as the starting line of a new haiku. I will (try to) give an example:

first haiku: starting with "I give permission"

I give permission
to visit the ancient temples -
go on bare feet

© Chèvrefeuille

second haiku: starting with "for this slow spring rain to soak"

for this slow spring rain to soak
I warn you and your laundry
it will become wet

© Chèvrefeuille

third haiku: starting with "the violet beds"

the violet beds
look like a rainbow in the sky
garden festival

© Chèvrefeuille

Ok ... not a strong example, but it is just to show you how I see the troiku. Of course you may also write one all new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Richard Wright.


Violets

I also will give my inspired haiku in which I hope to catch, in a certain way, the spirit of Richard Wright:

children's laughter
playing in the fresh puddles
trampling the clouds

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I think you have enough inspiration ... so I am looking forward to all of your wonderful haiku and I hope you will try your hand on Troiku.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 18th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our new episode, a new Ghost Writer post, later on. For now ... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. A very inspiring challenge and I see strong haikus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The Troiku! Very glad to see it again. And I love the joyful feel of your troiku. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! The clouds being trampled by children's mirth... A wonderful haiku, Kristjaan.
    It was good to work on a Carpe Diem prompt again. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) All ready for my first light... (tomorrow)
    An enchantment to play with both R. Wright and Chèvrefeuille's pieces.

    ReplyDelete