Sunday, December 14, 2014

Carpe Diem Extra December 2014-2, which prompts you love to see in reprise?


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I need your help. I am starting soon with the creation of our new prompt-list, the first for 2015, but for that new month of Carpe Diem I need your help. One of our participants and family-members, Girl Friday, suggested the following: Carpe Diem has been on line for more than two years. There were great prompts which I missed, because I found your weblog only this year. Why don't you make a new feature in which you bring the reprise of wonderful prompts from the history of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai?

You will remember our second anniversary month last October in which I used all prompts from our history and now I have the idea, brought to me by Girl Friday, to make another month of reprise-prompts. So why I need your help? Well ... I will ask you all:

"Which prompt from our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai you want to see again in a reprise month next January? You can leave your suggestions in the comment-field. I will start creating our new prompt-list after Christmas, so please if you have an idea for a reprise-prompt let me know before, say December 28th 2014".

I am looking forward to your choices.




Have a great and magical Christmas time and I hope you all will have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a very happy 2015 in which you all, I hope, will be here again .... I hope you all will have a very inspirational 2015 and I am looking forward to all of your wonderful haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka and haibun.

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

Chèvrefeuille, your host

12 comments:

  1. I suggest that we start off the new year with prompts from Reichhold's BARE BONES...Lessons 10 and 11 address many different forms of haiku and ideas for haiku....That would give us a running/LEARNING start for the new year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that suggestion from Opie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we do reprise .. I like the kigo one the most..

    ReplyDelete
  4. winter grass bows
    under the weight of snow
    pays homage

    for #68
    I've started already :-)

    I love them all. Can't wait for January
    #82/#66/#74/#68

    It's like being a child, set free in a sweet shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chevrefeuille --
    First of all, THANK YOU for all the work you put into Carpe Diem. I've really enjoyed the prompts here and have grown so much. You're a wonderful support to all of us, and for that I'm grateful :)

    Looking forward to more fun, more learning, more challenges in 2015!

    Which prompts to reprise? That's a challenge in itself! Cliffs of Moher and Dreamtide could be rewarding, as could both the kyoka and anything involving humor. I've also missed our good friend Shiki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really enjoyed the prompts about nature generally - recently the snow ones, mountain cabin. The journey through Siberia with Coelho remains a highlight and was such a brilliant, innovative idea, so well done, as were the Santiago de Compostela and Japan temples. The kigo are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seasonal references and kigo words the most.If the prompt isn't a traditional kigo prompt I have a tendency to turn it into one anyway.

    I love Opie's idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pleasant new year may 2015 be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like fresh prompts myself. If you're going to go back and use old ones, why not just do it once or twice a month, not for a full month? After all, new people stumble across Carpe Diem all the time, and I don't think it's too much to ask that they just join us where we are, not where we were once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of the prompts could be Holidays around the world. Check out the hundreds of ways people celebrate by country: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ireland/

    ReplyDelete