Sunday, December 28, 2014

Carpe Diem #636, Fireworks


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you can see I have chosen another prompt for today, I had planned "candles" for prompt, but that prompt we already have had in our extra feature Carpe Diem Seven Days to Christmas, so today I have fireworks for prompt and of course that's because of the coming of New Year's Eve ... and as you all can see ... I have temporarely changed our background.

Fireworks however is not a modern kigo for winter extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" .... it just is a thought grown from my mind. Of course you will remember that we have had this prompt two times earlier, but to me that doesn't matter ... I have a wonderful haiku to share on "fireworks" (or Hanabi).

Credits: Fireworks Detroit/Windsor
What a gorgeous picture, not a fireworks especially for New Year's Eve, but for sure gorgeous. Here is my haiku inspired on this prompt:

against the dark sky
colorful flowers and suns -
New Year's Eve

© Chèvrefeuille

Well a short post today, but a wonderful one. I wish you all a Happy New Year ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 31st at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, departing year, later on. For now .... have fun!
PS.: I am hopelessly behind with commenting, but I will try to catch up, but ... please excuse me if I haven't commented ... I have for sure read all your haiku. I hope to do better next year ...!


2 comments:

  1. Kristjaan,
    no need for 'better', when you are already 'best'.
    I for one shall be grateful if you are willing to continue the prompts and inspiration at any level, for what you have to offer is truly outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a very (slightly late) happy New Year to you, too, Chèvrefeuille!

    ReplyDelete