Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Carpe Diem #633, Christmastree


!! I am publishing this episode earlier than I normally do, because of the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today another nice prompt extracted from ' A Dictinary of Haiku' by Jane Reichhold ... today that's Christmastree isn't it great? We are counting down to Christmas and this prompt fits it great ... but of course there will be also a "Carpe Diem Seven Days to Christmas" episode today.

Let us take a look at the haiku which Jane shares in her saijiki ...

in the corner
where the Christmas tree gloried
crooked chair shadows


© Jane Reichhold

It's more a haiku on Christmastree "break down", so it easily could have been a prompt for January, but ... well I follow my own prompt-list (smiles).



Credits: Christmastree

And of course i will share another new haiku written by myself on this prompt:

decorating the tree
together with the kids and grandkids
what a joy!

© Chèvrefeuille 

Isn't it a great haiku? I can't think of a Christmas without a christmastree, but I know that there are lots of people that can not pay a Christmastree or a christmasdinner ... no presents ... it's a shame that there are still humans living in poverty. I have a dream, and i know for sure that many of you, have that same dream ... There will come a time that love and peace are conquering everything, that there will not be poverty ... I know it's a dream, but where would we be without those dreams ... enjoy this Christmas ... but think of all those people who don't have it all ... i hope that unconditional love will spread all over the globe ... let that thought be in our minds and hearts ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 pm (cet) and will remain until December 27th at noon (cet). I will publish our next episode, white Christmas, later on.

3 comments: