Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Carpe Diem #628, Ice skating


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This will not be a long post, because I haven't time enough, but of course I will share Jane's haiku which she uses as example for our prompt of today, ice skating. The Dutch are big fans of ice skating and as you maybe know our Dutch ice-skaters have won several championships, but as I look at myself... well I can ice-skate, but I am not a big fan of it.
I love to watch ice skating, but figure skating I love more to watch. Figure skating looks like ballet or dancing and it's really a joy to watch it, not to do it ... I am not that good in figure skating I hardly can take a curve on the ice ... no figure skating is great to look at, but not to do it ...

This is the example of Jane for this "modern kigo":

a broken mirror
now the ice breaker pushes apart
the joys of skating


Credits: Ice skating in The Netherlands (a few years ago)
As I already said .... not a long post .... and even no haiku written by myself. 

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 20th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, woodpecker, later on. For now .... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful prompt, though, and nice haiku by Janet, and a very strong and vivid background. The nostalgia aspect is quite emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little creek flows all winter.
    Only place to ice skate here is indoor rinks.
    Brought back a memory of how I first learn...
    I haven't ice or roller skated in years. :)

    ReplyDelete