Saturday, December 13, 2014

Carpe Diem #626, Mountain Cabin



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are going further with the exploration of modern kigo (seasonwords) extracted from Jane Reichhold’s “A Dicitionary of Haiku” and today one of her modern kigo is Mountain Cabin … Must be great to have such a cabin somewhere high up into the mountains or in a deep forest. So I think this prompt will inspire you all to write marvelous haiku.

Here is a haiku-example by Jane Reichhold:

mountain cabin
a wedge of winter sunlight
pushes in the doorway


© Jane Reichhold


Credits: Mountain Cabin


What can I say … this picture is great, look at those colors and those mountains, must be a joy to rest in such a cabin …
How can I ever write a haiku on this prompt as I don’t have the experience of a stay in a mountain cabin? I just have to let go my imagination … so I let the photo inspire me to write a haiku on Mountain Cabin.

thin mountain air
surrounds this old mountain cabin -
I hear the stream


© Chèvrefeuille

I like the sphere of this haiku and I hope that I have touched the essence of the photo … it felt just like that.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 16th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, fog/ripe, later on. 



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful kigo.. I think I have some pictures for this as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both haiku complement each other, and go well together. The prompts these days are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haiku, and feel so in tune with each daily prompts since last week, thank you.

    ReplyDelete