Sunday, December 7, 2014

Carpe Diem #621, first light


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

At first sight I thought this prompt, first light, must be an easy one, but at second idea ... it looks difficult, because what is meant with "first light"? Is it the first light after a long dark winter? Is it the first light ever, the Big Bang? Is it the first light as created by our Creator? This first light which a new born sees? I think that Jane meant the first light brought into the world, our Saviour and King Jesus Christ. Why? Well we are on our way to Christmas and with the birth of Jesus, the Light of the World, came "first light".

Jane gives the following examples for "first light":

spots of blue
varying the light to fit
tracks in the snow

morning light
a couple on the cliff
as spirits of a new day

© Jane Reichhold

But as you can see and read in these haiku by Jane .... first light .... is about the first light of a cold winter morning ... and that, my dear friends, is more easy to use in an all new haiku.

Credits: Winter Morning

winter morning
the fragile light of the sun
reflects in the snow

© Chèvrefeuille

Not a strong haiku I think, but it had to be written ....

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 10th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, solitude, later on. For now .... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. Magnificient----------------------great haiku Chevrefeuille...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if you have re-evaluated your haiku after a little time dear friend! I think it is so well constructed, and so crystal clear, with the light reflecting thus.

      Delete
  2. Evening all,
    my first light scenes are nowhere near as pretty as the one above :-)
    Hope there will be a more uplifting contribution from the southern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Chevrefeuille, I really loved your haiku -- soft and gently hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristjaan I thought it was a vivid haiku Kristjaan. I felt cold writing mine :)

    ReplyDelete