Saturday, December 6, 2014

Carpe Diem #620, Christmas Carols


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

In this time of year, the season of holidays, on ever corner of the street you can hear Christmas Carols, so today our prompt is Christmas Carols. I love Christmas Carols and if possible I even listen to those carols in mid-summer. Their message of peace is not only for Christmas-time, but also for the whole year I think.
As you all know we have all prompts extracted from Jane Reichhold's Saijiki and she gives the following examples for this prompt:

in the old folks' home
practicing Christmas carols
children again

howling sea winds
Christmas carols
sung by the local choir



Today is the second Advent sunday and during this time we are on our way to Christmas, to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

Christmas carolers
praising their Saviour and King -
rejoice Christ is born

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 9th at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, first light, later on. For now ... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. Kristjaan, I was hoping for a prompt like this. Such fun to visualize as well as write. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a kind of struggle to find the prompts, but i am glad that this one challenges you Girl Friday.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kristjaan -- for some reason I can't find the InLinkz today -- not sure if it's an issue with my computer, with Blogger, or with InLinkz. When I write my haiku I'll add it to the comments section. Can you please link me then? Sorry to bother you.

    Will come back tomorrow too and try to visit everyone's posts -- but if I miss someone please know I'm not trying to slight anyone. o.O

    All the best ---
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my post, Kristjaan.
    Sorry to bother you! Can you please link me?

    http://blogitorloseit.com/2014/12/06/merry-christmas-bud-haibun/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inlinkz had a day of maintenance ... that's the reason why you couldn't post.

      Delete