Monday, December 1, 2014

Carpe #617, delight in company


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am very moved by all of your responses on our last post about my brother and all the kind and loving words you have sprinkled on me ... thank you ... this makes our haiku-family ... feeling one trough haiku and the joy haiku brings us all.
MMT brought a little mistake under my attention and that I have corrected. I had overseen December 4th in our promptlist, so I have brought in another nice modern kigo based on Jane's "A Dictionary of Haiku".

Today our prompt is delight in company and I think this prompt fits our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai so well. However aren't physical in each other's company, but through haiku we are delighted with our company, our haiku-family. It feels really great to see how CDHK has evolved to a family of loving and caring haiku poets and that's all thanks to you all my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers.
I love to ask you to look at this prompt as if it was an episode of our CD special feature, "Romancing the Haiku", because I think this prompt is so right for romance ...


As I look at the examples of Jane than she has a great feeling for this prompt. She gave a few wonderful examples and I love to share a few with you all:

your poem
the brief language
of footsteps

bird song
under winter quilts
bodies touching

together
your tip glows
as incense burns

seaweed tied in knots
ashore in winter storm
we stick together


These are gorgeous and that second is my favorite. It is a great haiku in which I sense really the delight which company can give ... it brought a wonderful haiku into my mind, which I wrote several years ago. In this haiku I think 'delight in company' is so strong present ...

lost in the field
only stars as my compass -
cry of a snowy owl

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Snowy Owl

And I couldn't pass along with sharing a haiku in the romantic sense of the prompt:

making love
in front of the fireplace
finally home

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 4th at noon (CET). I will publish our first GW-post of this month later on. For now ... have fun!
!! PS Today I will publish a new episode of our time challenging Time Glass feature, in which you have 18 hours to respond !!


4 comments:

  1. Ah,, yes this so well done.. so much warmth.. my thoughts went immediately to those outside alas... I will link up mine later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kristjaan.
    I get confused with all the different challenges running side by side. Is Time Glass what I know as an hourglass or sandglass [i.a.w. an old-fashioned egg-timer]?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a kind of hourglass ... normally you all have almost three days to respond, but in this Time Glass feature you have to respond in 18 hours. It's a kind of training to respond in the moment as is haiku. A haiku describes a moment as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water. Success! It's fun!

      Delete